Serving the Greater Damascus - Clarksburg MD area
Faith Connections is a non-profit Christian ministry that works in collaboration with churches, government agencies and various organizations in the Damascus-Clarksburg area to provide emergency assistance to families in crisis situations and works in advocacy to support efforts to empower clients towards self-reliance.
- Healthy Choices
- Damascus Gardens After-School Program - Rock The House
- Online GED
- Holiday Giving
- School Backpacks and Supplies
- Good Shepherd Financial Ministry
- Summer Programs and Ministries
Faith Connections Annual Pastors Meeting
On May 19, 2016, Neelsville Presbyterian Church will host the “Faith Connections Annual Pastors Lunch Meeting”.
Faith Connections is a coalition of local churches in the area. For over twenty years, Neelsville has been supporting the ministries of Faith Connections to provide emergency services to individuals and families in crisis situations. Faith Connections also works in advocacy to support efforts to empower these families to move towards self- reliance.
One of the goals of Faith Connections is to offer opportunities for pastors and ministry leaders to engage in conversations with one another about our work and ministries; so that we may work together to better reach our communities with their greatest needs.
At the May meeting, we will hear ways the churches in the community are building relationships and partnering in ministries. This year one of the highlighted ministries is “Open Doors Mentoring Ministry”. We are thankful for Neelsville Presbyterian being a vital part of the local Christian Community.
These are our current greatest needs for Faith Connections:
- After-School Program Volunteers T, W, Th 3-5pm during the school year. Great volunteer opportunity for both teens and adults!
- HELPline Volunteers Answer calls to our HELPline from home. This is a great way to directly help local families!
- GED Study Mentors and Transportation